Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- EU auditors, not just lawmakers, recognise the potential of digital farming tools 22. 10. 2019Although greeted with scepticism at the beginning, precision farming is gaining more and more relevance among farmers and lawmakers. Even EU auditors now extoll the high value of the information provided by digital tools in agriculture.Gerardo Fortuna
- EU data watchdog raises concerns over Microsoft contracts 22. 10. 2019Microsoft’s contracts with European Union institutions do not fully protect data in line with EU law, the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) said in initial findings published on Monday (21 October).Samuel Stolton
- ‘Smart villages’ could slow problem of rural depopulation, MEP says 22. 10. 2019‘Smart villages’ comprising highly digitised local infrastructure could help slow down Europe’s problem of rural depopulation, EPP’s MEP Franc Bogovič has told EURACTIV.Samuel Stolton
- Chaos in Barcelona escalates as Madrid remains firm 21. 10. 2019The Capitals brings you the latest news from across Europe, through on-the-ground reporting by EURACTIV’s media network. You can subscribe to the newsletter here.EURACTIV Network
- 20 Visions for Europe 21. 10. 2019We gather 20 unique visions on the next two decades of Europe from public officials, intellectuals, artists, diplomats, athletes, civic actors and business representatives.EURACTIV
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.