Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Huawei: Chinese government would not let us get ‘slaughtered’ by US 31. 3. 2020A top official of the telecommunications giant Huawei has said that Beijing may consider counter-measures should the United States choose to impose further restrictions on exports of American equipment to be used by the Chinese firm.Samuel Stolton
- Orbán to rule by decree with new powers to ‘silence critics’ 30. 3. 2020The Hungarian Parliament approved new emergency powers on Monday (30 March) that will allow the ruling Fidesz party the right to rule by decree, without a set time limit, in a move that prompted an outcry from human rights groups.Samuel Stolton, Vlagyiszlav Makszimov
- Ireland to roll out voluntary phone tracker app to tackle coronavirus 30. 3. 2020Ireland’s government is to roll out a voluntary phone-tracking app to alert users if someone they have been in contact with develops COVID-19, its health service said on Sunday, two weeks before the pandemic is expected to peak in the country.Samuel Stolton
- Does Europe lack a financial market for photonics? 30. 3. 2020The photonics industry is an emerging but already consolidating market, with more than 100 acquisitions per year. But does Europe lack a financial market for the technology? EPIC's Carlos Lee explores.Carlos Lee
- Digital Brief: Data for the Common Good? 26. 3. 2020Welcome to EURACTIV’s Digital Brief, your weekly update on all things digital in the EU. You can subscribe to the newsletter here. “The Commission should clearly define the dataset it wants to obtain…” – European Data Protection Supervisor, Wojciech Wiewiórowski, 25...Samuel Stolton
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.