Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Cybersecurity: What does it mean to EU citizens? 13. 12. 2019Cybersecurity represents one of the greatest challenges that companies, individuals, national governments and supranational organisations currently face. The technological devices that citizens use daily could be at risk of potential cyber-threats due to insufficient built-in security safeguards.Malte Ketelsen, Marlene Stocker
- Malta murder scandal exposes EU reluctance to force Muscat out 13. 12. 2019Malta's Prime Minister Josep Muscat came under increasing pressure on Thursday (12 December) as calls for his immediate resignation intensified in Brussels in an ongoing investigation over the 2017 assassination of investigative journalist Daphne Anne Caruana Galizia.Samuel Stolton
- Digital Brief: Crimes against journalism 12. 12. 2019Welcome to EURACTIV’s Digital Brief, your weekly update on all things digital in the EU. You can subscribe to the newsletter here. “There are crooks everywhere you look now. The situation is desperate.” -Daphne Caruana Galizia’s final remarks on her Running...Samuel Stolton
- MEP: Commission ‘irresponsible’ on 5G health risks 12. 12. 2019The European Commission is “irresponsible” in not addressing the health risks associated with the future rollout of next-generation mobile network, Bulgarian MEP Ivo Hristov has said.Samuel Stolton
- Huawei is key to Europe’s Green Deal [Promoted content] 12. 12. 2019Europe will find it difficult to achieve many of its goals, such as the Green Deal, without AI. And without a fully developed, multi-party 5G ecosystem, Europe will fall further behind, writes Abraham Liu.Abraham Liu
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.