Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Artificial Intelligence presents ‘black swan’ ethical issues, Commission report says 8. 4. 2019A series of 'critical concerns' in the development of Artificial Intelligence may have future unforeseen "high-impact" ramifications, a European Commission-led project has suggested.Samuel Stolton
- Russia responsible for massive satellite system spoofing, study finds 8. 4. 2019Targeted manipulation of global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) by Russia is a threat to aviation and maritime safety and underscores the country’s growing expertise in electronic warfare, a new study has found. The report by the US Center for Advanced Defense...Alexandra Brzozowski
- EU tests cyber resilience ahead of May elections 8. 4. 2019EU institutions have put their cyber systems to the test in a bid to assess the efficiency of responses to attacks against critical network infrastructure ahead of European elections in May.Samuel Stolton
- Bulc pleads with European Parliament: Support WiFi for connected car security 5. 4. 2019WiFi should be deployed in connected vehicles rather than 5G due to safety concerns that may result in an increase in the EU's 25,000 annual road deaths, a letter written by EU's Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc to the European Parliament states.Samuel Stolton
- Force tech giants to share data rather than break them up: academics 5. 4. 2019EU antitrust regulators should consider forcing tech giants such as Google and Amazon to share their data with rivals rather than break them up, three academics enlisted by the European Commission said on Thursday (4 April).Samuel Stolton
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.