Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Trump security adviser to urge tougher UK stance on Iran and China 12. 8. 2019John Bolton, US President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, arrived in London on the weekend for talks at which he is expected to urge Britain to toughen its stance on Iran and Chinese telecommunications firm Huawei.admin
- Have Russia and China gone too far with harvesting personal data for visa applications? 30. 7. 2019If you plan to travel to Russia or China for the holidays, you may be surprised by the countries' visa application processes, both of which request a substantial quantity of personal data.Agata Palickova
- Despite soaring sales, Huawei is ‘preparing for the worst’ 30. 7. 2019The Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei is ‘preparing for the worst but hoping for the best’ in the run up to 19 August, the expiration date for the temporary reprieve on the US trade ban of Huawei equipment, according to the company’s Vice-President for Europe, Abraham Liu.Samuel Stolton
- Huawei official: 5G is a ‘historic’ opportunity for Greece and Cyprus 30. 7. 2019There is a “historic” opportunity for Greece and Cyprus to take the lead in the rollout of 5G technology in southeastern Europe, a Huawei official has told EURACTIV.com.Sarantis Michalopoulos
- Sites using Facebook ‘Like’ button liable for data, EU court rules 30. 7. 2019Europe’s top court ruled Monday (30 July) that companies that embed Facebook’s “Like” button on their websites must seek users’ consent to transfer their personal data to the US social network, in line with the bloc’s data privacy laws. Companies...admin
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.