Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Huawei waits it out on possible UK ban 6. 7. 2020Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei has said it is remaining patient in light of media reports that the UK government is charting a gradual phase-out of its equipment in 5G network infrastructure, which could lead to a blanket ban.Samuel Stolton
- The future for STEM in Europe 6. 7. 2020As Europe reels from the aftereffects of the coronavirus crisis, talk in Brussels is moving towards how the bloc can retain the momentum garnered from the deployment of innovative digital tools. In the education sector, with European educational establishments being...Samuel Stolton
- Counterfeit and illegal sellers to be targeted in Digital Services Act, Vestager says 6. 7. 2020A crackdown on the sale of counterfeit and illegal goods across online platforms is likely to feature in the European Commission's upcoming Digital Services Act plans, the EU's Vice-President for Digital Affairs, Margrethe Vestager has said.Samuel Stolton
- ‘Gold mine’: European police target secret phone network used by crime rings 4. 7. 2020An encrypted phone network widely used by thousands of criminals has provided police with a “gold mine” of information, leading to numerous arrests, drug seizures and even foiled assassination attempts, French and Dutch authorities said on Thursday (2 July).Samuel Stolton
- Six months to reflect on the new world we want 3. 7. 2020Decision makers should ‘take a breath’ and come up with a comprehensive plan to achieve the digital and green future we want in the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis, officials and experts said.Jorge Valero
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.