Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Commission mulls digital tax to fund Europe’s multi-billion euro recovery 27. 5. 2020The European Commission is considering bringing back Europe-wide plans for a digital services tax in order to finance the bloc's €750 billion recovery fund, the executive said on Wednesday (27 May).Samuel Stolton
- Cédric O defends French COVID-19 app ahead of crunch vote 27. 5. 2020France's Secretary of State for Digital, Cédric O, defended the rollout and use of the country's planned coronavirus contact tracing app, StopCovid, ahead of a National Assembly vote on the technology today (27 May).Samuel Stolton
- EU police forces to employ anti-drone guns ‘illegal’ in the US 26. 5. 2020EU police forces are set to roll out Australian-made anti-drone weaponry, in order to help eliminate national security threats. However, the technology in question is prohibited by federal law in the United States.Samuel Stolton
- Better Treatments & Diagnostics [Promoted content] 26. 5. 2020As COVID-19 continues to spread around the world, we have become witness to the devastating, all-encompassing impact of infectious disease. First and foremost, the pandemic remains an ongoing public health emergency with over three million confirmed cases and hundreds of thousands of human lives lost. But COVID-19 has also emerged as an economic, social, and […]Juergen Popp - Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology e.V. Jena - Germany, Ute Neugebauer - Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology e.V. Jena - Germany
- Irish data protection authority under fire over Facebook case 26. 5. 2020In an open letter, online privacy activist Max Schrems has criticised the Irish data protection commission's handling of a complaint against social media giant Facebook and called on the European Union to step in. EURACTIV Germany reports.Philipp Grüll
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.