Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Member states shield national vetoes on tax matters 12. 2. 2019A large majority of EU governments opposed on Tuesday (12 February) the European Commission’s proposal to end the unanimity required to pass legislation on taxation, saying they want to protect national sovereignty and avoid having decisions forced on reluctant countries.Jorge Valero
- Web under censorship threat [Promoted content] 12. 2. 2019If the European project of the Directive on Copyright Law in the Digital Single Market becomes reality in its current shape, the Internet will no longer remain a place of free access to information and democratic debate, writes Michal Kanownik.Michal Kanownik
- Fighting harmful content: Keeping the internet and users safer online [Promoted content] 12. 2. 2019Hot take, or hate speech? Religious speech or incitement to violence? Tackling harmful content online has never been more vital, or more complex.Evan Lamos
- Finnish finance minister: ‘Case closed’ for universal basic income 12. 2. 2019Finland is the first country to complete a nation-wide experiment on universal basic income. With the first results in, Finnish finance minister Petteri Orpo told EURACTIV.com that the largest parties in his country don’t support the idea anymore.Jorge Valero
- The economic and social imperative of developing digital skills [Promoted content] 12. 2. 2019We are experiencing the most rapid period of technological change since the industrial revolution. It’s being driven by a collection of interrelated technologies - fast communication networks, the internet of things, robotics, cloud computing and artificial intelligence - which are unique in scale, reach and the speed at which they are changing our societies and […]Joakim Reiter
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.