Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Chinese ambassador asks EU for evidence that Huawei is a ‘security threat‘ 19. 9. 2019The European Union needs to show “concrete evidence” that the Chinese tech giant Huawei is a security threat, China’s Ambassador to Slovakia Lin Lin told EURACTIV Slovakia in an interview.Lucia Yar
- European police smash ‘world’s largest’ TV piracy operation 19. 9. 2019European police stormed various locations while police in Bulgaria, Italy, France, Germany, Greece and the Netherlands carried out raids coordinated by the EU's judicial cooperation agency, Eurojust, smashing what they called the world's biggest pirate streaming TV network with five million customers in Italy alone.Alexandra Brzozowski
- To rekindle Europe’s competitiveness we must embrace technology and build on our values [Promoted content] 19. 9. 2019New technologies are disrupting our lives. Citizens, businesses, governments: no one is being spared by the ongoing developments in Artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things, ecommerce, or cybersecurity. However, this digital tide does not have to be passively accepted. On the contrary: it needs to be governed and shaped into the driver for change we […]Stéphane Richard
- Amid US standoff, Huawei looks for new markets in ‘brute force computing’ 18. 9. 2019The Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei will substantially increase investments into high-performance computing, its rotating chairman Ken Hu announced on Wednesday (18 September). The move came as Huawei faces increasingly tense relations with the West, appearing in front of American judges this week.Samuel Stolton reporting from Shanghai
- Nanotechnologies are ‘the future’, EIT Digital chief says 18. 9. 2019The next global trend in the technology industry will involve digital miniaturisation and nanotechnologies, the head of the European Institute of Technology (EIT), Willem Jonker, has said.Samuel Stolton
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.