Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Digital Brief: Macron’s audition 14. 11. 2019Welcome to EURACTIV’s Digital Brief, your weekly update on all things digital in the EU. You can subscribe to the newsletter here. “We have never seen the CEO of a company directly become an EU Commissioner working in the same area...Jorge Valero, Samuel Stolton
- EU citizens at a legal crossroad 14. 11. 2019The Single Market has torn down the economic barriers all across the EU but the legal discrepancies still stand and citizens find themselves too often at a legal crossroad. A strong EU justice system and legal cooperation across the bloc is key to help Europeans deal with their day to day problems.Davide Patteri
- Breton’s bid to shake the Atos shadow 14. 11. 2019France's European Commissioner-designate Thierry Breton will appear before members of the European Parliament this afternoon, in an attempt to assuage concerns over alleged conflicts of interest in his previous leadership of the global IT firm, Atos.Samuel Stolton
- The EU asking the impossible 13. 11. 2019Cloud Infrastructure Providers are the wrong target of the EU Regulation on illegal terrorist content takedown and their inclusion will lead to unintended consequences.CISPE
- ‘Suspicious’ cyber attacks hit UK Labour’s election campaign 13. 11. 2019The UK's opposition Labour Party have been subject to several "sophisticated and large-scale" cyber-attacks across its digital platforms emanating from an unknown source, the party have revealed. The news comes as UK political groups jockey for influence in the run-up to the general election on December 12.Samuel Stolton
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.