Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- EU bolsters probe into Facebook buyout of Kustomer 3. 8. 2021The EU on Monday (2 August) deepened its probe into Facebook's acquisition of Kustomer over concerns the social network giant could restrict the US start-ups' rivals' use of its WhatsApp and Instagram platforms.Georgi Gotev
- One Free Press Coalition: ’10 Most Urgent’ List of August 2021 2. 8. 2021Ahead of World Photography Day on August 19, the monthly 10 Most Urgent list focuses on cases of photographers, filmmakers and video journalists who are targeted for their work. Photojournalists experience a unique set of challenges, as the nature of...One Free Press Coalition
- Privacy concerns set to grow with the digitalisation of education 30. 7. 2021The digitalisation of education accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic looks set to continue as students return to school, but the safeguarding concerns it has raised also remain.Molly Killeen
- Schrems has Facebook data processing in sights for next coup 30. 7. 2021After notorious data activist Max Schrems already brought down the EU-US Privacy Shield data transfer agreement, his next coup could turn Facebook's entire data processing upside down. In an interview with EURACTIV Germany, Schrems spoke about his new case against the tech giant and the impact it could have.Oliver Noyan
- Top German court strikes down Facebook rules on hate speech 30. 7. 2021A top German court has ruled that Facebook acted illegally in taking down racist posts and blocking the account of their author because the social network failed to inform the user or give a reason for shutting them down.EURACTIV with Reuters
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.