Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- EU countries facing common challenges on e-governance, says Portuguese minister 24. 6. 2021European governments are facing similar problems in terms of the ethical use of technology, ageing public servants and the need to attract young talent to public administration, Portugal's public administration minister has told EURACTIV.Luca Bertuzzi
- Ireland’s green light for medical cannabis and calls to ban AI face recognition 24. 6. 2021This week our podcast focuses on a milestone move by Ireland: approving medical cannabis prescriptions and giving patients the right to have access to medical cannabis and be reimbursed for it. To hear more on that story, we spoke with EURACTIV’s Agrifood and health reporter, Natasha Foote.Evi Kiorri
- Germany fears EU digital law might loosen its antitrust grip on tech giants 24. 6. 2021German competition authorities have piled pressure on American tech giants since new rules came into force in January. However, the Digital Markets Act (DMA) currently being discussed at EU level may supersede the section of the German law that targets big tech. EURACTIV Germany reports.Oliver Noyan
- Google ‘determined to find solution’ on ‘neighbouring rights’ for French press 23. 6. 2021I am "determined to find a solution" at a time when a new collective management body for press publishers is due to be created, Google France managing director, Sébastien Missoffe told French senators on Wednesday (23 June), adding that he "recognises neighbouring rights".Mathieu Pollet
- Commission proposes ‘operational arm’ of European Cyber Shield 23. 6. 2021The European Commission has today (23 June) laid out its vision for a Joint Cyber Unit to tackle evolving cyber-threats and to increase European resilience.Oliver Noyan
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.