Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- MEP vies to target rogue traders in Digital Services Act 24. 2. 2021Online sellers of dangerous and counterfeit goods could be further targeted under the European Parliament's Internal Market committee report on the Digital Services Act, the lead MEP on the text said on Tuesday (23 February).Samuel Stolton
- New 5G goals to feature in upcoming EU ‘Digital Decade’ targets 24. 2. 2021The European Commission will lay out a series of new objectives in the field of 5G communications as part of its 'Digital Decade' plans, following a series of delays to the EU's next-generation telecoms rollout, officials have said.Samuel Stolton
- Twitter removes hundreds of accounts linked to Iran, Russia, Armenia 24. 2. 2021Twitter said on Tuesday (23 February) it had taken down 373 accounts which it said had ties to Russia, Armenia and Iran and had breached its platform manipulation policies.Georgi Gotev
- Portugal wants deal on EU privacy law to combat online child sex abuse 23. 2. 2021The Portuguese presidency of the Council of the European Union wants to quickly conclude an agreement with the European Parliament on the provisions of the EU law on privacy in electronic communications to combat child sexual abuse on the internet....André Curvelo Campos
- Suspect in Daphne Caruana’s murder pleads guilty 23. 2. 2021One of three men accused of the 2017 assassination of Maltese anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia pleaded guilty Tuesday (23 February), a major development in a case that has rocked the Mediterranean island nation.Georgi Gotev
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.