Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Ministers approve measures on European Research Area and innovation 29. 11. 2021EU-27 ministers in the Competitiveness Council have approved conclusions on the future governance of the European Research Area (ERA) as well as a pact on research and innovation (R&I).Molly Killeen
- Digital Brief powered by Facebook: DMA & DSA adopted, biometric ban, political ads 26. 11. 2021Welcome to EURACTIV’s Digital Brief, your weekly update on all things digital in the EU. You can subscribe to the newsletter here. “France’s priority [during the EU presidency] will be to defend the Council’s priorities and to ensure that we are...Luca Bertuzzi, Molly Killeen
- What the next German government has in store for digitalisation 26. 11. 2021The main challenges that the next government has to face and if the measures that are outlined in the coalition agreement are enough to bring Germany back on track to master the digital transformation.Oliver Noyan
- New German government to ban facial recognition and mass surveillance 26. 11. 2021The German ‘traffic light‘ coalition plans on banning biometric facial recognition and restricting the usage of mass surveillance tools, which marks a departure from the stance of the former government.Oliver Noyan
- EU countries embrace platform regulations, but divisions remain 25. 11. 2021EU ministers gathered in Brussels on Thursday (25 November) to rubber-stamp the new ambitious rules for the digital space. However, significant divisions remain.Luca Bertuzzi
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.