Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- European providers want DMA to address ‘unfair practices’ in cloud market 26. 10. 2021Service providers are arguing that for the European cloud market to develop, the new EU antitrust law should prevent anti-competitive practices by large software providers.Luca Bertuzzi
- Cybersecurity in the EU – Why we need NIS2 and what changes does it mean for the tech sector? 26. 10. 2021Cybersecurity is one of the European Commission's top priorities and a cornerstone of the digital and connected Europe. An increase of cyber attacks during the COVID crisis has shown how important it is to protect hospitals, research centres and other critical infrastructure.Brian Maguire
- Serbia uses football to score geopolitical goals in former Yugoslavia 26. 10. 2021Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić has been using a range of different yet seemingly innocent means to achieve his political goals, both literally and figuratively, Serbian journalist Darko Čačić reports for EURACTIV Bulgaria.Darko Čačić
- Facial recognition technologies already used in 11 EU countries and counting, report says 26. 10. 2021Law enforcement authorities in 11 European countries are already using biometric recognition systems in their investigations and eight more are to follow, a new study points out, warning of the technology's impact on fundamental rights.Luca Bertuzzi
- Slovenia: New Europol mandate expected by end of this year 26. 10. 2021The European Commission, Parliament, and Council will start negotiating the final version of Europol’s new mandate on Wednesday (27 October), which could be ready by December, Slovenia’s interior minister Aleš Hojs told EURACTIV.com in an interview. According to him, “positions...Alexandra Brzozowski
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.