Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Italy to spend 60% more of EU funds on better broadband, sources say 14. 4. 2021Italy aims to spend almost 7 billion euros ($8.33 billion) in European recovery funds on ultra-fast networks, up 60% from a previous goal, as ministers lay out alternatives to a long-delayed single national broadband plan, sources told Reuters.Samuel Stolton
- Commission to ban ‘indiscriminate surveillance’ in leaked AI plans 14. 4. 2021The European Commission will seek to outlaw Artificial Intelligence systems used for "indiscriminate surveillance" operations as part of new prohibitions to be put forward next week.Samuel Stolton
- Conference platform prepared against misinformation 13. 4. 2021The digital platform to be launched on 19 April for EU citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe has been developed with the threat of disinformation in mind, the European Commission said on Tuesday (13 April).André Campos
- MEPs seek extension on response to Commission’s UK data adequacy agreement 13. 4. 2021EU lawmakers from the Renew group have submitted a request to the European Parliament's Civil Liberties Committee to hold off on adopting a position on the UK's adequacy for EU personal data transfers until the EU's data protection watchdog has weighed in on the plans.Samuel Stolton
- Why the EU should pay attention to Africa’s tech sector 13. 4. 2021As the EU defines its priorities for an EU-Africa partnership, Africa's burgeoning tech sector is an obvious starting point for collaboration, argues Dan Dalton.Dan Dalton
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.