Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Digital Brief powered by Facebook: WhatsApp under scrutiny, platforms vs trade unions, DSA prep talks 28. 1. 2022Welcome to EURACTIV’s Digital Brief, your weekly update on all things digital in the EU.Luca Bertuzzi, Molly Killeen
- Hacker group threatens to leak data from France’s justice minstry 28. 1. 2022Hackers from ransomware gang Lockbit 2.0 claimed to have hacked into the French justice ministry on Thursday (27 January). They said that if the ransom is not paid by 10 February, the stolen data will be published. EURACTIV Francre reports.Mathieu Pollet
- The Vertical Block Exemption Regulation and Europe’s online markets 28. 1. 2022The VBER revision will have an important impact on online sales for the next 10 years. We discuss how the regulation will affect digital markets with Maike Jansen, public affairs advisor at Ecommerce Europe.Luca Bertuzzi
- French competition watchdog to look into ‘complex’ cloud sector 28. 1. 2022France's competition watchdog announced on Thursday (27 January) that it would look into the competitive functioning of the cloud market as local players accuse US tech giants of unfair practices. EURACTIV France reports.Mathieu Pollet
- German Supreme Court orders Facebook to allow pseudonyms 28. 1. 2022Facebook must allow the use of pseudonyms on its platform Germany's Federal Court of Justice ruled on Thursday (27 January). Until now, Facebook users were required to use their real names. EURACTIV Germany reports.Oliver Noyan
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.