Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Airbnb backs OECD approach to digital services tax 12. 8. 2020Home rental startup Airbnb said on Wednesday (12 August) it supported the development of a digital services tax regime being discussed by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to bridge a divide between the United States and Europe.Georgi Gotev
- French privacy watchdog opens preliminary investigation into TikTok 11. 8. 2020France's data privacy watchdog CNIL said on Tuesday (11 August) that it has opened a preliminary investigation into Chinese-owned video-sharing app TikTok after it received a complaint.Georgi Gotev
- Pompeo in Prague at start of central Europe visit 11. 8. 2020US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo arrived in Prague on Tuesday (11 August), public TV footage showed, to open a five-day visit to central Europe with a hefty agenda including China's role in 5G network construction.Georgi Gotev
- Facebook, Microsoft gripes with Apple’s App Store on EU’s antitrust radar 11. 8. 2020Facebook and Microsoft's grievances over how their gaming apps appear on Apple's App Store may feed into an EU investigation into the iPhone maker's business as EU antitrust regulators said such concerns are on their radar.Beatriz Rios
- EU and US politicians: Facebook must do more to stop online sexism 7. 8. 2020Facebook Inc must step up and protect women in politics from threats of violence and sexism and hate on its platform, said a letter to the company from female members of the US Congress such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and top female politicians from the EU.Georgi Gotev
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.