Andrus Ansip - Vice-President of the EU Commission for the Digital Single Market
Europe should benefit fully from the digital age: better services, more participation and new jobs.
- Tech Brief: Russia looms large at TTC, Microsoft loosens up, net neutrality 20. 5. 2022Welcome to EURACTIV’s Tech Brief, your weekly update on all things digital in the EU.Mathieu Pollet, Molly Killeen
- Cyber norms: Germany is not walking the talk 20. 5. 2022Alexandra Paulus, Fellow for International Cybersecurity Policy with the German think tank Stiftung Neue Verantwortung, explains what cyber norms are, who shapes them and whether Germany is actually practising what it preaches.Laura Kabelka
- Commission chides 13 states for failure to transpose Copyright Directive 19. 5. 2022The European Commission has issued formal notices to 13 countries, calling on them to transpose the EU’s Copyright Directive, almost a year on from the deadline.Molly Killeen
- Infrastructure costs: fair contribution versus net neutrality 19. 5. 2022The European Parliament Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) does not support the Council’s position on network contribution because making big tech firms pay does not follow the principle of net neutrality.Laura Kabelka
- Energy industry’s cybersecurity awareness rises, defence lags 19. 5. 2022Representatives of the frequently targeted energy industry are more concerned about the risk of cyber attacks than before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, a new DNV report found. Apprehension also increased regarding insufficient investments and activities of their organisations.Laura Kabelka
Günther H. Oettinger - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society
We need a European market, which allows new business models to flourish, start-ups to grow and the industry to take advantage of the internet of things.